Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My life as a guinea pig...

Nope, I wasn't a small, caged, animal that squeaks and grunts but back in my younger days I was a test subject for asthma and allergy medicines. I know...why would you do such a thing? Well, I needed some extra money (these studies can pay close to $200 for 4 hours of your time in some cases) and I have asthma and allergies and it's really in my best interest to have newer medications available. I don't regret participating in these studies at all. One of them required that I sit in a park for half a day, hanging out with other strangers and documenting my allergy symptoms...not really a big deal. Another one of them required that I use a nasal spray once a day and record any symptoms in a special journal, that one lasted a few weeks. I found out about these studies by signing up through a reputable testing firm located in downtown Minneapolis. So if you're wondering, what type of people participate in this type of thing, I am one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment